We're hoping to slowly replace our windows throughout the fall and winter. It will improve our electricity bill and make for a more comfortable house.
The Professor had a hard time getting the original window out of the frame. He did all of this before I got home from work, so no pictures. Needless to say, the window was practically painted into place and painted completely shut. Lots of scraping and prying was involved. Rob - the Professor said to tell you that you had it SO easy!!
There weren't any stops to speak of on the outside of the window - hence it being painted into place. So we added some.
It's going to be a long process but it will also mean that 1) we'll have screens and 2) we can actually physically open our windows. Our first window: