Monday, June 8, 2009

Where's Waldo?

Waldo kind of reminds me of the Professor. He doesn't like it when I say that. But... Well, look!
I've been doing a lot of substitute teaching at the middle school level this past week. Depending on the day, the teacher, the students, and the lesson plans, a substitute's job can either be SO SO INCREDIBLY EASY or it can make you want to rip you hair out. Or incarcerate the kids. One or the other. Either go bald or put them in jail. I think we all know which one I chose...

The students aren't yours, you don't know them, and they don't know you well enough to respect you or behave.

This means that you pretty much have to start off authoritative and even somewhat mean. "Oh, you like lunch? Funny, because unless you stay quiet and complete the next five problems before the lunch bell, you'll be spending your lunch with me! Wouldn't that be great fun!" *evil grin* I like it when I actually have something to teach because then it's more fun--even if I'm teaching math or science!

But some days, substitute teaching is just straight up boring. There's nothing for you to do because your watching a movie or the kids are silently working on their rough draft of what they believe the future 50 years from now will be like. This time of the year, there are only 3 days left of school and there is nothing to do. So, if I forget to bring a book, then I am doomed to boredom. I know, it's a terrible fate and probably one of the most difficult jobs in the whole wide world... *cough*

Anyways, this is the result of today's boredom. It started off with a student asking me how to spell "button" and "aerodynamic." Then it turned into a massive doodle. Let's play "Where's the Shoppe Keeper?" Can you find me? Look for my trademark and you'll know where I am. Click on the image to enlarge.


Yeah, I got paid to do this.

6 comments:

  1. Your husband DOES look like Waldo! How did I never see this before??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also. I'm going to start compiling a list of the weird almost words google comes up with to make me type when I post a comment. ;) like dursheye

    ReplyDelete
  3. or foren
    (hey that was almost a real word)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! I've been weirded out by the funky words before. Good idea! I look forward to reading the list!

    Also, I'm glad you think the kitchen is coming together. Now that we've got everything pushed back into place and all of the electrical wiring done, it's looking normal. We just have to finish putting on the facings, kickboards, countertops, sink/faucet, under cabinet lighting, and crown molding... ha. Just.

    By the way, I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've come a LONG way in a very LITTLE time. In my comparably small renovations I can attest that you have accomplished way more than you think you have. :)
    I miss you too!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!