Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Pal Twitchy

I spent most of the weekend turning this unappealing hot mess of weeds into a passable garden.


And I promise to share the results with you soon. But first, I want to introduce you to my newest BFF.

Blogosphere meet Twitchy the Robin.



Twitchy kept me company all weekend. I'd like to say it's because I'm just that much fun to be around, but we all know the truth. Gardening = digging. Digging = unearthed worms. Unearthed worms = Twitchy Heaven.


Forget, "The early bird catches the worm." This is more like, "The enterprising late afternoon bird catches 50 worms and promptly scarfs them down!!!!" Ick.


One of these days I'm going to try a worm. Preferably fried. Raw worms are just gross. Though, I'm sure Twitchy will disagree with that statement. We'll just have to agree to disagree for the sake of our friendship.


We named him Twitchy because of his erratic, lightning fast attack moves. Those worms never stood a chance.


Twitchy is pretty ballsy. He didn't have any qualms about sneaking up behind me to snatch a hapless worm or two. But if I noticed and paid him any attention... Those head feathers quickly became very menacing..


Ooo. Scary Robinzilla. Flee in terror before the mighty fearsome worm killer!! Woe to friendly evil gardeners everywhere!


After collecting a few worms, Twitchy heads on over to the power lines to scope out the lay of the land before taking a quick exit. Someone's gotta feed the young'ns.



Don't worry. He'll be back. I've got plenty more digging to do. He knows where his next meal is coming from. I just hope he leaves some worms behind to beautify my garden.

'Til next time Twitchy!

1 comment:

  1. My birds are much more shy than yours! I wish I had a robin to follow me around! Even if he's a scary one. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!