Friday, December 17, 2010

Little Jack Frost

I love when it snows. Even now that I'm no longer in school, no longer teaching, I still experience giddiness when snow falls & accumulates on the ground. It's ridonkulous how happy it makes me. And Stephen. He might love snow even more than I do.


Although we've had light dustings of snow already this winter, yesterday was  the first really good snowfall. We got 3 1/2 or so inches of snow.



Naturally, with two parents who love snow, Joseph was immediately bundled up and tossed outside.


He sat for a second, looked around, then promptly fell backwards.


Snow wreaks havoc on balance. So, apparently, do snow suits. He was totally unimpressed.


In fact, I think I see a hint of reproach in his expression. It's as though he's saying, "Seriously? Seriously Mom and Dad? On what planet would this ever be ok?" My response... "Hoth."


So we sat him back up. That lasted about 5 seconds.


I think it's the indignity of the snow suit. With Joseph staring up at me from the snow, all I could think of was Ralphie's kid brother Randy shouting "I can't put my arms down!" and "I can't get up!" in A Christmas Story. (Which you can view HERE.)


Yup. Definitely unimpressed. The things we go through to stay warm.




Silly parents with their silly snow suits.


I don't think he cracked a smile the whole time we were outside. And that's rare for him. He's usually a smiley little devil.


Don't worry, Joseph. One day, you will fully comprehend the magnificence of snow. You will be awed. You will turn your PJs inside out and spin in circles with me. I know. I've been to the future.

 

It should only take about 10 giant igloos and 100 snow ball fights... We'll throw in some snow tunnels and a snow fort for good measure. You are going to have SO much fun in the coming winters.


Oh, snow!

In other news, I've been a bit out of touch with the blogosphere lately. I just opened up Reader, discovered 695 unread items, and felt like burying my head in the sand. Or would that be snow? Either way, it was very scary.


But don't worry! All of this snow means we are counting down the days to Christmas. Just one week left! And I've got a lot of holiday related activities and decor to share with you. I'd better get crackin'!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! So pretty!
    Maybe Joseph is on my side and likes to stay inside in the warmth when it snows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe in the fifth picture it looks like he's making a snow angel :) I think secretly he is already loving the snow :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!