Monday, October 11, 2010

My blog has conquered online gaming... Next, THE WORLD!

Yup. You heard right. Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe is taking over internet gaming. Can't help it. We're just that spiffy! ;)


So, I found out today that there is an online game called "Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe". And I have to admit that I'm thoroughly tickled by the whole thing.


I mean, who wouldn't want to play a game with a clever name and fantastic logo like this?


I could totally pull off that getup. Hot. Especially with the sandwich trays. Double hot.


Here's the premise of the game:


"After her uncle invents the sandwich, Elise decides to try her hand at selling them. Help her run the very first Sandwich Shoppe in this fast-paced Time Management game! Use upgrades and new ingredients to make Ye Old Sandwich Shoppe even better, and help make the sandwich a staple for years to come."


Doesn't that sound EXCITING!! Don't you want to drop everything you are doing and go play right now!!


No?!?! Lame.


I guess Elise must be the niece of John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich. She probably started up the shoppe to pay off his gambling debts... ;)




Not that the niece of an Earl would run a tavern... Hmm. For these purposes, let's imagine that her mother fell madly in love with a man beneath her station and eloped to Gretna Green with him. Then her stuffy, aristocratic family disinherited and disowned her. But then, why would Elise want to pay off her uncle's gambling debts... Hmm. Maybe he promised to provide her with connections so that she could move up in society.


And maybe I should stop reading Jane Austen... (NEVER!)


This is why I shouldn't blog after midnight. I stop making sense.


Which, of course, presumes that I ever make sense in the first place. Meh.


Anywho... Thanks, Robert, for bringing this to my attention. It made for a great Sunday afternoon chortle.

(Is it ladylike to chortle? Do I care? Nope.)

2 comments:

  1. haha i love the historical references! :)
    add "online game source of inspiration" to your resume

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob giggled at this post this morning. Since he's too lazy to comment, I'll do it for him: Most. Exciting. Game. Ever!!!

    And I think you can probably chortle delicately. Maybe... :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!