Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Don't Spend Your Weekend Covered In Drywall Dust"


At present, we are slowly undertaking the annoyingly tedious task of finishing up the drywall in the front half of the sandwich shoppe. To be totally honest, we've taken the last few weeks off from mudding the drywall because we still have to dismantle the temporary bedroom we set up in there for apple picking. The current vacation from drywalling has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I hate mudding and sanding drywall. And you have to do it three times before you can paint. THREE!!


The worst part is the sanding. It's so awful that even Theresa hates it. The super fine dust gets everywhere!

GRRR. Even when you put up plastic barriers, it manages to weasel its way into the rest of the house.



Yup. That look just about sums up my feelings on the subject. Fortunately, good company and a little oldies radio can go a long way towards making drywall installation resemble something close to fun. Especially when the oldies radio station plays commercials which directly pertain to your situation...

There we were, Stephen, Theresa, and I, installing and mudding drywall together around midnight on a Saturday, when we hear the following advertisement over the radio:

"Are you remodeling your home? Do you spend hours putting up new walls? NO MORE! Hire us and we'll have it done for you in no time! DON'T SPEND YOUR WEEKEND COVERED IN DRYWALL DUST!!!" *catchy jingle*

At this point, I stopped, looked down at my legs, and started to grin...


Then I looked over at Theresa and started cracking up...


...because we were all covered from head to toe in drywall dust.


And there was nothing we could do about it. Good times.

Don't you love it when the radio starts speaking directly to you late at night? I would say that I probably hallucinated the whole thing, except that I have witnesses. Right guys? Guys?? GUYS??



1 comment:

  1. No more pretty mermaid toes? Sadness!

    I actually like mudding, but not the sanding. I will mud any day of the week. But sanding? That's why I have Mr. Longbrake!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!