Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Pregnant Shamrock

Happy St. Patrick's Day! St. Patty's Day is one of my favorite holidays. Why? Because my husband and I began dating and got engaged around St. Patty's. I wore lots of green today to get into the spirit of things (and avoid being pinched by overzealous high school kids...).

While walking out of the main office this morning, one of my co-workers told me I looked like a pregnant shamrock... Thanks? I couldn't decide if it was a complement or not, but I'm running with it. Even though the visual of an actual pregnant shamrock sort of boggles my mind. What a disturbing image...

I also made very tasty Irish soda bread...
And delicious shepherd's pie...

MMM!! Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

P.S. Speaking of holidays and disturbing images - and a recent bat attack - finding a bat hanging from a pointsettia is super disconcerting. Halloween & Christmas do not belong together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!