Friday, March 12, 2010

The Joys of Grading

Grading may be time-consuming and frustrating, but it is an important part of the teaching process. You get to know your students' strengths & weaknesses when you grade their work. You know which students have low reading and writing skills. You can see the correlation between the students who don't pay attention in class and low grades. You can determine which students need remediation and which students need to be more challenged.

However, one of my favorite side-benefits of grading is that I get to know which students have a sense of humor...

This is a quiz on the Enlightenment, Age of Absolutism, & Scientific Revolution that I gave my students last week. Click to enlarge the quiz, then read the Short Answer response. Be sure to follow the response all the way around the page...
I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!