Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vanilla Brandy

I chose Vanilla Brandy for the living room. Where do they come up with these names?? It's actually the next darker shade of the Glazed Pears that I used in the kitchen area.

I finished painting the living room yesterday. Two coats. The walls are 10 feet tall in the living room area, and it's a big room, in two parts. It was almost enough to push me to start drinking vanilla brandy myself. I'm not sure if I mean the paint or the alcohol...
There are two pipes that run along the wall in the room. Should I leave them white or paint them the same color as the wall?My hand is now sore and wants to cramp up badly. I'm not very good at switching off hands. I'm just too right dominant. But I think the Vanilla Brandy looks all right against the red of my couches:I'd like to use the fabric hanging up in the window in this room. I love the green that makes up the leaves. I don't think I have enough to use it for curtains throughout the entire room (it has lots of windows and they are all big!). But I definitely would like to use it as an accent somewhere. I actually have a darker version of the same fabric in greater quantities and may decide to use that instead. But I don't like it as much as I like the light fabric. I can't find more of the light fabric anywhere. I'm not sure if I will use the darker fabric yet. I'll play with curtains and accents in this room once we've moved into the house.

The next step will be to paint the front hallway. It is the front entrance of our house. What color/impression do I want people to see when they first come in? What color do I want to see when I look through these doorways?
Looking into the living room from the hallway:So, what group of colors should I consider? Red, blue, green? I'm haven't yet decided. Whatever I choose, it will also travel to the upstairs landing area. So I'm keeping that in mind as well:I'm leaning towards green or red. But red is a dangerous color to toy with when painting. On the other hand, green can be tricky as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!