Saturday, June 27, 2009

100 Year Old Beams

The Professor stalks Craig's List for our area. It's a good thing he isn't interested in free kittens...

He found an add for free 100 year old beams. Well, we just couldn't pass that up. They acted as supports for part of the foundation of a house in the area built in 1904. It's a beauty on the outside - but the owners are even crazier than us. They were doing real renovation. As in, they ripped up all of the floor - and the floor was suddenly made of dirt. Lots of dirt. I might do a drive by stalker photo shoot to show you the house later - but I felt weird taking any pictures at the time.

What are we going to do with them? No idea. We'll think of something. One is 12 feet of red oak. The other is 8-9 feet of yellow pine. I like the notches in them.






Driving around with those things was a wee bit scary. I was convinced I'd stop too hard and they would smash into my radio. It all turned out okay in the end.

Mrs. 5C, this is your chance to convince Mr. 5C of the importance of beams. I recommend the old, "But everyone is getting them! It's not fair!! If our siblings get to have beams, then we should too!" Just don't mention the fact that our beams won't end up on the ceiling. He doesn't have to know.

1 comment:

  1. haha somehow I don't think that argument would work. Those are AWESOME. I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!