Tuesday, January 18, 2011

111 Things in 1/11


Jenny at Words on Wendhurst is hosting a blogging party throughout January called 111 Things in 1/11. She's doing some New Year's cleaning - getting rid of 111 items in her house in the month of January. Since Stephen and I are both MAJOR pack rats and disorganized to boot, I decided to jump on the bandwagon.

I started by tackling our closets and dressers. I hadn't even touched my t-shirt drawer in months. No way did I need an entire deep drawer filled with t-shirts that I never wear. It seemed like a good place to start.


13 dresses
10 shirts
20 my tshirts
8 pants
6 pj pants
9 sweaters
12 bras
4 winter hats
3 scarves
3 sets of gloves
4 blazers
8 pairs of shoes
6 jackets
1 ugly heart shaped coat rack
1 ugly corner shelving unit

Stephen even approved and allowed me to throw out a bunch of his clothes. I was impressed.

5 really ugly ties
5 Stephen's sweatshirts
8 Stephen's tshirts
5 collared button up shirts
16 stephen's old pants
5 stephen's old shorts


139 items in all. 6 trash bags and 1 box.
And that's not counting the numerous old socks, underwear, and stockings that I threw out.

I rocked 111 items in 1/11 in one fell swoop. Now I'm off to Goodwill.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! All in one foul swoop! I'm VERY impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fell? hmm.. I may have been saying this wrong for 27 years. Oh dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so impressive! I bet it feels awesome to have so much space now. well done! and lol at Mrs. 5C and fell swoop. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!