Sunday, August 8, 2010

Milk Drunk Baby

This, my friends, is a milk drunk baby:


That little gummy smirk of absolute contentment on that chubby little sleeping face is a direct result of a very full belly, 7.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep, and fluffy down pillows.

Yes. I said 7.5 hours of sleep. SEVEN POINT FIVE!!!

Excuse me while I prance around the house.

And shout my utter joy to the heavens.

And make pancakes.

And listen to oom pah pah.


Here's something that I never thought about...

When my baby sleeps for 7.5 hours, he wakes up hungry. I, on the other hand, wake up with boobs as hard as rocks. Very, very full boobs.

When hungry baby with no self restraint meets rock hard boobs of sleepy mommy at 4 am, something strange and unexpected happens within the depths of that baby's belly.

The milk does not fit. With one big belch, it OVERFLOWS. I'm not talking about your standard spit up. I'm talking fill up a 32 oz Nalgene bottle with breast milk and dump it on your chest. With several upchuck aftershocks.

Two mommy outfits, one grandmommy outfit, two baby outfits, two diapers, a grounding, and lots of laughter later, we had a sleeping, milk drunk angel who had slept through the night.



Now, mommy just has to learn to put herself to bed when baby goes to sleep, instead of staying up past midnight.

Thank you to the guardian angels of baby/mommy sleep!

3 comments:

  1. I love that first picture. He's smiling in his sleep. And look at the CHUB! He's been packing on the ounces over the past few weeks. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes! Go you, and baby, for sleeping soo long!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!