Friday, February 5, 2010

Snow Days Out the Wazoo

It's been a rough week for public schools. My week has gone something like this:

Monday - School canceled due to weather conditions.
Tuesday - 2 hour delay & 1 hour early release due to weather conditions
Wednesday - School canceled due to weather conditions
Thursday - 2 hour delay due to weather conditions
Friday - School canceled due to weather conditions

Like I said. Rough.

I'm loving, and I mean LOVING, it! A soon as I get the "school is closed" or "school is delayed" memo, I go running around the house hooting happily and laughing maniacally. I can't help it. It's too much fun!

I love snow and hot cocoa. We're in the area predicting 20-28 inches. I'm so excited. We're going to make O'Charlie's potato soup, have a baking party, and build an igloo!

My students have mixed feelings. Snow means no school. Hard to argue there. But many of them are "sick" of snow and fear that they will lose their Spring Break.

I don't have to worry about losing Spring Break because I'm having baby during Spring Break. MWAHAHAHAHA.

The superintendent of our school sent out an email this morning explaining the need for safety and how much consideration goes into school closings. He also informed us that he's not thrilled with the weather and attached the following photo:Yeah. He's had a rough week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!