This is our newel post:Ok, it's a little dusty... I haven't really been focused on house cleaning.
Quite frankly, everytime I look at the newel post, I think of mushrooms. That's right, MUSHROOMS.
Maybe I'll grow an inch everytime I touch it?Or maybe I'll catch a smurf walking out from inside of it...I haven't decided if I want to keep it or replace it. On the one hand, it's probably original to the house and I do want to preserve the integrity of the house. Except for the bathrooms. The bathrooms are not safe from me. I comfort myself in knowing that they aren't original to the house.
On the other hand, it looks like a mushroom. No, seriously! I'm not crazy, it does! Any thoughts?